These are the options from Lowe's. First up is the traditional black and white tracks. There are three photos, this one and a pic of the white and of the black so you can hopefully see each side better.

These are the super long ones. I don't think that any of them will work, some of the ones on the bottom might...don't know for sure.
These are the more decorative ones.
Similar to the one at home depot but more contemporary.


This set of four matches the light right above it.
Pendants just to look at. They can be long like this or short.

The many options you have for glass.
The ceiling fan that could replace the one. I like the home depot one which i plan to post next. The lights on this are ugly and I don't like the circle part that holds the fan blade on.
A Common Place for Discussion
This blog is intended to allow us all to discuss plans for the rennovation of Mom and Dad's kitchen without Dad having to be on the phone around Mom. It is also intended to allow Cydney and Ken to participate. It is a private blog and cannot be accessed without an invitation from me. You have all been invited because as well as added as contributors so that you can post. You should all receive e-mails when a new post goes up as well as when comments are made. If it is urgent that we read what you posted please send a text to the whole group and mom that reads "BBQ Sauce" and thanks to Dave Steed for that one. I will take care of the story with Mom, we are going to say that it happened at the party at Nat and Dave's that he was randomly saying it. The idea is that she will think it is just a joke when we all know it is that and a signal.
Last, PLEASE DO NOT PUT LINKS FOR THIS ON YOUR BLOGS UNLESS YOU CAN DISGUISE IT SO THAT MOM WON'T NOTICE IT. I will have a link under the "How We Spend our Time" Heading on my blog that says Piano Gallery. If you click on that it will take you to this blog!
Last, PLEASE DO NOT PUT LINKS FOR THIS ON YOUR BLOGS UNLESS YOU CAN DISGUISE IT SO THAT MOM WON'T NOTICE IT. I will have a link under the "How We Spend our Time" Heading on my blog that says Piano Gallery. If you click on that it will take you to this blog!
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It is a good thing I have a few days to digest all this. I will let you know what I think, but suggestions are welcome. I know mom told Cyd she like the real plain white one that Cyd has.
Let me know what you all think.
The wiring for the traditional track is on the end, i assume there is a hole in the middle of the ceiling, but since DeWayne didn't take down the light I don't know. It would mean moving the wiring in the kitchen to the end of the track and patching the old hole. I tend to think we should just pick something that will work with the existing hole knowing that there is a good chance it could go back. This way you don't rewire and patch if it isn't what you really want. Just my thoughts.
I will be out for a while, I will check back later.
The wiring in mine is actually in the middle. There is a little case that they put the wiring in. I did a little homework and they sell it at all of the stores for about $5. I will take a picture of it and post it.
OK. I think we have enough photos of lights. We can all now see what is available and I will make the decision when the time comes.
First things first.
1. We have to get the fixture removed from the kitchen and a work light installed.
2. We have to get the ceiling painted and the walls and backsplash painted.
3. We need to then find out when Dewayne will be available to install the lights, fan, outlets and switches.
4. That will tell us when I need to decide on the lights.
Thanks to everyone for all the running around you have done to get what we have. I really appreciate it.
Love, Dad
Post a Comment